Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's a GIRL and Moving

Okay, so I know that I am way behind on my blog but other things have been more important. Still no pictures. I have a ton but haven't had a chance to put them on the computer or on my blog. First it was a new baby, then we were out of town for family reunions, and then we will be moving before the months out, so it will probably be a little bit.

On June 30, 2009, we had our baby... a GIRL! Maizy Pulsipher was born at 7:44 pm and weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 17 inches long. At her 1 week appointment, Maizy was 19 1/2 inches long, so more than likely they miss measured at the hospital. I wasn't due until July 5th, but my doctor was going out of town for the weekend, so he left it up to me to be induced or wait and go on my own. It was only 5 days early so we decided to go in and be induced. I was dilated to a 3 when I went in, so he said I would have had her before he got back in town. My delivery went well. I was given pitocin starting at 9 am, they broke my water at 1 pm, I had my epidural at 3 pm and Maizy was born at 7:44 pm. Her cord was wrapped around her neck and she was a little blue so that was scary. We have a healthy and beautiful baby girl. She had jaundice and had to wear a billie blanket for 6 days and get her blood tested 5 times... her poor little feet! Thankfully, that's all over with and she is healthy again!

Kaylee loves her sister and kisses and hugs her... sometimes too much. She wants to hold her and carry her. She is my big helper and gets me Maizy's diapers and other things... if it has to do with Maizy, she is willing to help. Kaylee has adjusted really well, perhaps because we have been spoiled and had grandma and/or grandpa around a lot. There have only been a few times that she wants me to hold her and only her. Usually she is okay to sit on my lap with Maizy. She mimics us while we are talking to Maizy. It's really cute. Kaylee is talking so much and can be a little bossy. She tells us to "stand right here" and knows exactly what she wants. Still no success with the potty. She is stubborn and does things in her own time. If she wants to go potty, she will go, but it has to be her idea. When she came to the hospital to see Maizy, she said, "Baby, potty." We told her the baby was too little to go potty so she said, "Show you how" and went in and went. I was hoping that would be the end and she would be potty trained, but of course, it's not that easy! I keep thinking that I need to do better and just get it done. Now, we are going to be moving so I think we will do it after we move. I'm afraid the change might make her regress.

We moved when Kaylee was 2 days old to Payson from Flagstaff. Now, we will be moving when Maizy is 7 weeks old to Flagstaff from Payson. No, we didn't plan it that way and don't enjoy moving with a new baby!! Yes, we are going to be moving back to Flagstaff. It's been almost 10 months since Kris was laid off. With few job openings for new civil engineers, it's hard to find a job. So, we have decided to go back to school. Kris is going to be doing his Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering. It will only take a year and a half, if everything goes as planned. Then, it will give him the option to work in either field. We have decided to try and rent our house so hopefully we can find someone good that will take care of the house. Only time will tell. Everything has worked out up to this point, so I'm sure things will continue to work out. We are truly blessed. Things haven't been easy but we have learned and grown from our experiences. Well, that's all for now. I will try to post pictures in the near future but we'll just have to see how things go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We already miss you and will continue to miss you!!
Congratulations on Maizy - she is beautiful, just like Kaylee!
Keep us updated as to the progress of your move; and as always, if you need anything, let us know!

jacblanch said...

I'm sure going to miss you! :(

Ironygirl said...

Are you going to move back by me? Oh please oh please! :) Congrats on the new baby!

Macey said...

Way to go! Love the name, have fun!

Jamie said...

yea! Congrats Pulsiphers! I am so excited for your new addition! :)